Sunday, May 16, 2010

Anything is possible..right?

I am a University Student, I am poor, I can not afford a flat but I do love mansions.
Some girls may enjoy clubbing, lesbian kissing and sticking their heads in toilets on a friday or saturday night, I chose to spend hours and hours scrolling through Domain.com to check out the latest property, and desiretoinspire.com to find the latest decorating inspirations.

There is something about mansions that get me. It's not their grandness, but rather their secrecy. Most of them are hidden behind trees and are barely visible from the streets, but once you enter those enormous iron gates, they tower over you. No houses are made like that anymore. No matter how hard suburbs like Nunawading, Dandenong, Wheelers Hill try to build grand scale houses, the effect is not there. They are just not comparable. They lack quality. Sure they have pools and tennis courts..but do they have the arched hallways, the detailed carvings on the corner of the buildings. Do they have high ceilings, beautifully stained windows? I can go on....and on........

Here is a taste of these beautiful mansions...(to my banker friends, may I please have one of the following:)

367 Beaconsfield Prade, St Kilda



49 St Georges Street, Toorak


Stonington Mansions



65 Clendon Road Toorak




If Jessica Watson can sail around the world unassisted, surely I can buy a mansion. After all she did say "any thing is possible". Kristy - the next mansion owner.

So dearest readers, please support my cause. Rich billionaires - please call me.

Xo

1 comment:

Markliujy said...

Well...that's an interesting hobby I suppose.

A tall wall and trees means you can't see the house. And a double-storey does sort of tower over you. The only thing missing is the gigantic lawn. But who wants a gigantic lawn? Especially since you have to get gardeners to deal with it.